Marshmallow winter | A sweater weather outfit

Today I am back with a colorful outfit and some resolutions – wardrobe version, edition 1.0.

Much of a time, women own too many clothes but they feel the urge to buy more and more based on trends advertised, desire to try something new or because items are on sale, etc. That`s why they still have nothing to wear. Here are 5 resolutions that will help you to activate your style and be more organized.

1. Cleaning your wardrobe will be a good start. Get rid of all the pieces you haven`t worn in a while. Charity shops will appreciate the donations and you can make some room for new pieces.
  2. Comfortable clothes can do magic. I love skinny jeans but I simply can`t wear them. Choosing pieces that are comfortable makes a huge difference. You can conquer the world in comfy shoes but don`t forget about the clothes.
  3. Wear pieces that suit your personality. Do you like dresses? Start creating your outfits with dresses. Do you prefer androgynous looks? Go for that.
  4. Choose colors. It is well known that black can be the way out of the wood, it`s classy, stylish and so exquisite. If I could, I would wear black all the time. But something has to enlighten me and that`s a colorful outfit.
  5. Don`t neglect basic pieces. Those items will help you to build more looks without stressing too much.

This year I promise myself I will wear more skirts. In Cumbria, the temperature is not below 0 °C so it`s not too cold to dress pretty. To recreate this simple outfit, I just grabbed a chunky sweater, a midi mint green skirt (you can find it online here), a frisky belt and some black leather gloves I thrift in a shop in the UK.

Sweater: TUclothing| Skirt: Shein| Belt: Asos| Boots: Bebo| Gloves: Marks and Spencer

Have a great and productive week!

semnatura

1. March 10, 2016 / 10:54 PM

Love your outfit, it’s classic with a bit of modern. I love your tips as well. As a busy mom of two I need all the help I can get. Very informative. Thank You!

2. March 10, 2016 / 10:31 PM

Such a cute photo I love the jumper it is so adorable and the mint skirt is perfect!

3. March 10, 2016 / 10:07 PM

Very elegant! I can totally see this appearing on Gossip Girl among all the Upper East Siders!

4. Joanna
    March 10, 2016 / 9:36 PM

You know, I was just thinking today to renew my spring wardrobe and that I have to get a stripe blouse by all means. Black and white. I love your belt by the way, it’s very unique!

5. March 10, 2016 / 5:29 PM

This girl for sure knows how to keep it fun and classy!

6. March 10, 2016 / 5:29 PM

This girl for sure knows how to heep it fun and classy!

7. March 10, 2016 / 3:04 PM

The color of that skirt is too cute! Also I live in a very warm weather that wearing gloves would be just ridiculous so I’m always envious when I see outfit posts with gloves 🙂

8. March 10, 2016 / 12:14 PM

I really like your sweater. The hardest thing I have ever done to my closet was sell and donate 75% of my clothes before I decided to quit my job and move abroad. I had collected quite a bit of clothing since I was a buyer for a women’s online clothing company! Now that I own less I actually have realized I never needed all that clothes to begin with, plus now I save tons of money! Hahah!

9. March 10, 2016 / 11:07 AM

I feel the same about the black color! I could wear black all the time, but too much is just too much. I have to give other colors a chance too, I guess. 🙂 You look gorgeous!

• Catalina
      February 14, 2017 / 12:44 AM

Where did you move to Megan?:D