Electric blue | Asymmetric pleated skirt

f7

“Why do women want to dress like men when they’re fortunate enough to be women? Why lose femininity, which is one of our greatest charms? We get more accomplished by being charming than we would be flaunting around in pants and smoking. I’m very fond of men. I think they are wonderful creatures. I love them dearly. But I don’t want to look like one. When women gave up their long skirts, they made a grave error…”

American illustrator and author of children`s books, Tasha Tudor has some great advice for all the women out here who struggle to find themselves or their style. A contemporary J.Lo singing Ain`t your mama, while she catches the power to free herself and become what she ever dream of: powerful, elegant and free.

So eat your vegetables, dress up and make as many steps as you can to be closer to your dreams. Sunshine is in your pocket, good attitude on, determination, hard work…Now all you need is to be comfortable in your own skin…or in your clothes. I miss so much those times when women were wearing more skirts than pants, they were confident, classy and so damn chic. They didn`t  need to use tons of makeup on or to compete with other women. They were natural and elegant. Now I don`t say that wearing an androgynous outfit won`t make you feminine, but  skirts will bring that mystery back, add a little bit of swing and comfort.

Today I took advantage of the good weather and put up a feminine outfit with an edgy vibe. It`s easy to look classy  without spending too much time or money. You need a striped lace up blouse (Primark or bargain deals), an asymmetric pleated skirt (color block is a must, I went for blue- not serenity but a pop of color), pointed studded boots (black please!) and a rose gold purse.The pearl necklace and sunglasses are essential too.

f4 f3 f8 f9 f12 f10

Shirt: Primark| Skirt:Topshop -via second-hand shop| Boots: Mango | Bag: New Look via Asos | Necklace:thrift

stylish happy

1. November 3, 2016 / 12:30 PM

Wow because this is very greatexcellent work! Congrats and keep it up

2. ELENA
    June 7, 2016 / 8:58 PM

I think it’s not only feminity we are forgetting about but also the freedom we gained so hard. That’s why I sympathise people who never lose their confidence. The look is simple and elegant gives me an endless ocean feeling which is great cause I missed it in these summer day’s.

3. June 7, 2016 / 6:51 AM

The shirt and the skirt are compliment each other on creating this lovely look. Love the contrast color from the skirt.

4. Bernadette Callahan
    June 7, 2016 / 2:40 AM

I love the skirt, the whole outfit actually. I love blues so the skirt would definitely catch my shopping attention 🙂

5. June 6, 2016 / 1:03 AM

Great contrast on the shades of blue plus the horizontal stripes against the vertical of the skirt. Chic and classy!

6. June 5, 2016 / 10:23 PM

I’m not sure if it was intentional but the backgrounds you choose for the pictures in most cases makes the clothing jump out even more! For instance the bluish and striped patterns in the back. I like the style.

7. June 5, 2016 / 5:23 PM

That blue skirt is gorgeous and your right sometimes finding your personal style can be hard but when you find it , it is beautiful!

8. June 5, 2016 / 3:39 PM

You seem to have a strong sense for simple but stylish fashion. Stripy shirts always look good.

9. June 5, 2016 / 1:01 AM

love the pleated skirt, I’d wear that! it’s got a good look, color and flow/ movement! great outfit!

10. June 4, 2016 / 10:19 PM

AAh summers are here and these are the prefect stylish and chic outfits for summers.