Black velvet dress | From mother to daughter

black-velvet-dress-retro

I wore this velvet dress two months ago but honestly I did not know what to write about it. I wanted a short and inspirational post but once and again, I tend to overthink the content and end up not writing at all. The little black dress, aged 25 years , belonged to my mother and it has been made by my great aunt. A classic piece. Black velvet. Long sleeves and pearls around the neckline. A midi length. A precious piece I wouldn`t trade with all the haute couture designs in the world. This dress has such a precious value to me. Designed with love by a generation, worn by another, a piece that became alive again in my pictures, on this blog post. This is the retro dress that helps me to stop the time and travel simultaneously. A piece that teach me it`s nothing wrong to wear or own old  items.

Not everything has to be brand new nowadays. Otherwise where is the beauty in all the things ? I wish the purse was another inheritance but thanks to Ebay`s good karma I managed to buy it. A vintage tapestry bag with floral details and gold chain. Good condition. The time has left some marks on the chain but that makes it special and adds some character. My mind wonders now… in the past, elegiac, how I wish I could turn back  time just to have a sneak peak of the simple things…

black velvet dress stylish confidence tapestry vintage bag details

velvet outfit featuring a black velvet dress IMG_5618

velvet outfit featuring a black velvet dress

black velvet dress stylish

stylish happy

1. Ali Rost
    February 2, 2017 / 3:52 AM

What a beautiful dress! It really pops against the pretty scenery.

2. October 28, 2016 / 5:52 PM

Terrific Site, Stick to the great work. Thanks a ton!.

3. Travel Pockets (Crystal)
    September 1, 2016 / 11:10 PM

What an elegant looking dress! Love the area you shot in too.

4. Simona
    August 30, 2016 / 6:59 PM

I’m not a big fan of velvet, but this dress looks gorgeous! Very stylish choices, thumbs up!

5. August 30, 2016 / 6:36 PM

That dress is gorgeous, it looks great on you.

6. August 29, 2016 / 10:47 PM

It’s so lovely that your mother has passed this gorgeous dress down to you. You wear it well!

7. August 29, 2016 / 3:15 PM

What a cute dress! It’s looks wonderful after all those years.

8. August 29, 2016 / 4:50 AM

just love that dress! The detailing too is absolutely gorgeous! Love your style btw!

9. August 27, 2016 / 12:29 PM

I don’t have any velvet clothes but this one looks really classy!!

10. August 26, 2016 / 7:21 PM

Gorgeous dress! I love the idea that the dress has a sort of history 🙂

11. August 26, 2016 / 4:23 PM

That is SO cool that it has been passed down in your family like that! What a treasure… after all… everything seems to come back in style eventually… so it should be good for generations to come 🙂

12. August 26, 2016 / 12:37 PM

That dress is absolutely adorable. I don’t wear velvet enough. The landscape around your photos is stunning.

13. August 26, 2016 / 12:08 PM

I love how vintage the dress is. Definitely a classic! I also adore that handbag. It is too cute and adds the right amount of pop of color to the outfit. The scenery you chose for your pictures is beautiful.

Felicia | http://www.prettychicpink.com

14. August 26, 2016 / 10:40 AM

This dress looks beautiful. i would love to own that dress especially when black is my fav colour . You look gorgeous in it. 🙂

15. Borka
    August 26, 2016 / 8:38 AM

I love love love your outfit! you are really so stylish and elegant! Real lady-like! the shoes and the dress are like made for each other, and OMG that bag is cuteness overload!

16. Jolina
    August 26, 2016 / 1:03 AM

Love a classic, never goes out of style! And it’s awesome that’s been passed down, holds so much sentimental value.

17. August 25, 2016 / 10:46 PM

This dress, those booties and purse are all just so darling. And I absolutely love velvet. You look amazing. 🙂

18. August 25, 2016 / 9:07 PM

It is so cool that this dress still looks great after all of those years. I like the purse and shoes you chose for it.

19. August 25, 2016 / 4:47 PM

You look very classy… you’d look perfect in 1920’s Paris! Good thing your mom has good taste in fashion… the trait obviously passed down 🙂

20. August 25, 2016 / 1:37 PM

Love the old fashioned look and I cannot believe it is 25 years old. It is in amazing condition and what a lovely family heirloom, from your aunt to your mom and now you.

21. Ashley
    August 15, 2016 / 8:55 PM

You pull off velvet so well! Ugh, wish I could. And the fact that your great aunt made it is too cool. My grandma always made my halloween costumes when I was younger and it made it so special.

22. Elizabeth O.
    August 15, 2016 / 2:47 AM

I don’t wear velvet often. I don’t really know how to match it or accessorize it. I think you did a great job on styling it. I really like your shoes!

23. August 14, 2016 / 4:58 PM

It is so lovely that the dress belonged to your mother, black velvet is beautiful and you have worn it so well.

24. August 14, 2016 / 10:14 AM

from mother to daughter… o my, this velvet looks great on you and to think of its origin is awesome and amazing to feel… you slayed on it all the same with your great combination from your shoes to the small details of your makeup ideas.

25. August 14, 2016 / 8:01 AM

Wow… the dress is amazing – timelessly elegant and so feminine. It’s impressive that the velvet is in such a good condition after all these years!