Style challenge | Thrifted Outfit

Charity shop outfit -  recycle, reuse, reinvent fashion, protect environment

Plastic and illegal nets found in the ocean were recycled in June due to Adidas smart idea. They teamed up with Parley for the Oceans and created 50 pairs of shoes using these recycled yarn fibres. The goal was to remind people why we need to keep our oceans clean and to provide inspiration for all generations. In this continuous and busy rush called life, we forget to take care of the environment.

People often do not believe in initiatives, taking into consideration that small actions will not bring any major change. I just want to remind them about Butterfly effect and it all starts with education, whether it is in school or at home. The textile and apparel industry pollute, but recycling and upcycling actions will always help to reduce this. Weaving, crocheting, and knitting all bring us closer to more traditional times. Sure we cannot learn these handcrafting skills in a day, but there are so many DIY projects that can inspire us to transform our clothes and more. Today, the big fashion giants lure us in with these new collections every season and new trends. It is not cool to have clothes from the previous season. Says who? Kim Kardashian? Demand and supply as such.

I usually buy from online and high street store, but I like to wander in second-hand shops so I can opt for an economical and ecological alternative. First of all, I go after books, old frames or porcelain and I end up coming home with clothes and accessories. Going thrifting still creates controversy, but I continue to see them as the water cycle in nature: vital. The outfit I am wearing today has a story; a story on the shelves of the stores. It is a challenge. I gather as many thrift items and combined them with modern notes: jewellery and sandals. Yes, you can look chic without wearing  haute couture pieces.

The polka dot dress reminds me of the ’70s: romantic, with medium length, V-neck, puffed sleeves, the item follows the body line and it is super comfortable. The white blazer well fitted, Chanel inspired had no buttons, but I could not leave it there. The grey bag / clutch is a simple accessory with gold details. The book, you guessed, it’s thrift as well… all the time it happens to me to find interesting books from various fields. Have a wonderful day! Leave me your opinion in the comments down below about this challenge!

Charity shop outfit -  recycle, reuse, reinvent fashion, protect environment

Charity shop outfit -  recycle, reuse, reinvent fashion, protect environment

Charity shop outfit -  recycle, reuse, reinvent fashion, protect environment

Charity shop outfit -  recycle, reuse, reinvent fashion, protect environment

Charity shop outfit -  recycle, reuse, reinvent fashion, protect environment

Charity shop outfit -  recycle, reuse, reinvent fashion, protect environment

stylish happy

1. July 28, 2017 / 2:03 PM

You need to come style me! That is absolutely beautiful! I love the way you paired everything together! And that you did while support second hand shops.
    ~http://viabella-thebeautifullife.blogspot.com/

2. sajad
    November 22, 2016 / 6:13 PM

this post is very useful for fashion lovers as it has a vast information about fashion thanks for sharing

3. November 21, 2016 / 9:06 AM

Se manifique! I love your photo journal & descriptions. You look fantastic and have a great smile.

4. DaKyissa
    November 18, 2016 / 10:50 AM

I think this is great challenge! I also love the outfit you have here. Very adorable

5. October 22, 2016 / 3:46 AM

I absolutely love this challenge! I love going to different vintage shops and just browse and look around at some unique pieces. Love your dress!

6. Elizabeth O.
    October 21, 2016 / 10:29 AM

I love how you styled that dress, it’s lovely! I think thrifted outfits are pretty awesome, they’re affordable and when you’re really patient, you’re going to find hidden gems!

7. October 21, 2016 / 4:17 AM

Amazing photos!!! That dress is a great choice and you look beautiful!! Amazing scenery for photo-shooting!!

8. October 21, 2016 / 1:18 AM

You look stunning! You styled your outfit perfectly. I especially love your shoes 🙂

9. October 20, 2016 / 6:21 PM

I love polka dots. It looks so girly, feminine and never gets out of fashion! Love your outfit and thanks for sharing some great insights on the textile industry!

10. October 20, 2016 / 2:05 PM

Cool, these look great on you! Loved this post!

11. Tammileetips
    October 20, 2016 / 1:47 PM

What a great find!! I love to thrift store shop, it’s so much fun to see what good finds the stores have on hand.

12. October 20, 2016 / 7:01 AM

I absolutely love this dress! It is so cute! Here in Norway the environment is a big deal. It is so different from the US. I love to reuse things whenever I can and if there were thrift stores here I would definitely shop there.

13. October 19, 2016 / 6:52 PM

I like that you seek to explore ecological options, I am pleased with your find as the dress is so pretty xx

14. Jolina
    October 19, 2016 / 6:42 PM

Love that dress. And while I’m not really very lucky shopping in vintage and thrift stores, my sister is a master at it and has gone away with some really fabulous finds.

15. October 19, 2016 / 12:05 PM

Oh my goodness, is that gorgeous outfit from a thrift shop? And the white blazer is stunning. Wow, this is inspiring and for such a good cause.