3 Myths about over the knee boots

3 myths about over the knee boots

When you see tonnes of articles on how to wear over the knee boots, how to style the animal print trend or how to add oversized sweaters into your outfit, keep in mind there is no right or wrong. Don`t overthink and most important don`t take fashion too seriously. The colours you choose, the textures you mix, all tells a story and the story is all about you. Just make sure you are dressing according to your personality not how society or fast fashion wants you to.

If you seek inspiration, Pinterest is the perfect online library for the outfit of the day, home decor, DIY projects, etc. Last year, among my saved pins, I had an outfit with over the knee boots and I was debating if I should buy a pair or not. As you guessed from the title, today`s post is a guide that will help you to decide if you want or if you need over the knee boots in your wardrobe.

3 myths about over the knee boots

” PETITE GIRLS CAN`T WEAR OVER THE KNEE BOOTS ” FALSE !!

Do you remember that quote: ” Eat as much as you want; if someone says you are fat, eat them too”? Well, the same rule applies here, except you can`t eat someone`s else boots. Petite, tall, curvy girls, you can wear over the knee boots without any problem. Petite girls just have to find the length that suits them and maybe to pick up a nude or brown shade rather than black; just my personal opinion.

3 myths about over the knee boots 3 myths about over the knee boots 3 myths about over the knee boots

” OVER THE KNEE BOOTS ARE SO VERSATILE ” TRUE!

Before purchasing any clothing/ shoes just visualise. Buy it only if you see yourself wearing it with at least 3 other pieces or in 3 different outfits, to complicate things a little bit more. If you are only wearing it once, what is the point in buying something you will never get a lot of use? To be honest, I only thought I could style over the knee boots with mini skirts or mini dresses and I don`t own so many pairs. The good thing is that over the knee boots are so versatile; they can be worn with mini items and (surprise) with midi pieces too and of course high waisted shorts/ pants and denim.

” OVER THE KNEE BOOTS LOOK…MMM, SLUTTY”  FALSE !!

Back in the Greek society of Minoans, knee height boots were worn by both men and women during athletic games, to be more precise gymnastic stunts performances. See, nothing wrong with them. If you leave the house only wearing over the knee boots and a coat, then yeah- you will reveal more than your should and you won`t look like a saint. Many women are reticent about over the knee boots maybe thinking about the provocative vibe associated with the item. Today, fashion /couture designers and boutiques are marketing these boots. You can easily style the boots for a day in the office, going out for lunch or during evenings.

3 myths about over the knee boots

3 myths about over the knee boots

3 myths about over the knee boots

H&M sweater – thrift via Oxfam | H&M cat print short (2014 collection) | Asos fishnet tights | Asos boots- here | Gold bag – thrift via Cancer Research UK

Do you have any other myths in mind regarding the over the knee boots?

stylish happy

1. August 2, 2017 / 6:25 AM

You look gorgeous,and i just love the combination of your outfit.

2. February 6, 2017 / 5:13 AM

your thoughts are very clear and this clearty is what makes the difference between a confident and in confident person.thanks gor sharing your thoughts and your knowledge about fashion

3. February 3, 2017 / 10:02 PM

I totally agree with you that anyone can wear whatever they like. Most important thing is carrying your outfit with confidence. Love your boots and you look fabulous!

4. February 3, 2017 / 9:10 AM

Agree! Fashion is a great way to express your personality with style and let people know who you are.

5. February 3, 2017 / 9:08 AM

Over the knee boots look so gorgeous! I wanted to have a pair for this season but not yet bought any. I’m pretty tall so actually I’m a bit afreaid if they make me look even taller/bigger.

6. Elizabeth O.
    February 2, 2017 / 7:33 PM

I like boots, all kinds of them. I think over the knee ones are stylish and perfect for the cold weather. It’s true that it’s very versatile!

7. February 2, 2017 / 3:38 PM

That’s the very truth about fashion! We are the fashion we make, and that’s the only way to make it funny! You rock in that outfit! Really!

8. February 2, 2017 / 12:29 PM

Fantastic boots! Knee high boots are great when things are cold. I’m in the tropics right now and I still see some folks wearing them.

9. Ali Rost
    February 2, 2017 / 3:45 AM

Oh my gosh .. I love the boots! I’ve never had longer boots .. but I’m thinking that might have to change.

10. February 1, 2017 / 9:02 PM

Over the knee boots are my fave and what I like is that they literally can be worn with any outfit. You look amazing!

11. Freya Farrington
    February 1, 2017 / 8:07 PM

Yes! I’m a big believer of there is no wrong way or no right way when it comes to fashion, everyone should have their own unique style!

12. February 1, 2017 / 7:39 PM

You look so cute in these boots! I don’t own any, but I am thinking about rocking some one day.

Love,
    Ivelisse | CarnationDreams.com

13. February 1, 2017 / 4:08 AM

I am rather short, which is the reason why I stay away from longer boots like you are wearing here. But maybe I should reconsider, especially, that I think, they look awesome. Thanks for this article. Blessings!