A resolution for 2017: Not making a list of resolutions

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS 2017

Here come the “New year, New me” confessions. Just kidding. I am not gonna brag about hitting the gym twice a day, making my dreams happen, not eating a single piece of cake, staying motivated or waking up at 7 am every day. Although I wish (except the part that involves cake). Setting goals definitely, helps us to stay on track. But there is so much pressure. “It`s a new year, I need to change something”, ” What have I accomplish in 2016? Nothing ! “The year passed away so fast and yet I am not a successful, have I failed ?”

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS 2017 THE TIME IS NOW

At the beginning of 2016, I set so many resolutions and I wished the day had 48 hours so I can do everything. I put too much pressure on. Continuously, I was comparing myself with other (bloggers) thinking I am not good enough, I am not unique. And then life happened, time passed away. I changed my job, I travelled, I collaborate with fashion brands, I made memories, I had my family, my better half and my friends close by, and most important I had faith. 2016 was a great year and I am grateful for every single day.

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS 2017 THE TROUBLE IS YOU THINK YOU HAVE TIME

Yes, life happens when we are busy making plans. For 2017 I am not making any resolution lists. I know I will get things done. And I will travel because my soul can`t stay in a single place. I will work hard and I will post blog post more often. I only want to have enough time and to drink more water. That`s all. What was the best part of 2016 and what are your 2017 resolutions?

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS 2017 THE TROUBLE IS YOU THINK YOU HAVE TIME

stylish happy

1. Elizabeth O.
    January 17, 2017 / 6:21 PM

It’s nice to hear that you had an awesome year last year! Here’s to hoping that you’ll make this year even better. I think resolutions are never mandatory, you can just choose to do what you prefer.

2. January 13, 2017 / 3:22 AM

Hope you had a wonderful 2017! I never make year goals as it becomes too stressful at times!

3. January 12, 2017 / 8:08 PM

Wanted to make some resolutions but as I didn’t write them down so I guess I’m just making some during the year. More like some short-term plans.

4. January 12, 2017 / 3:32 PM

Thanks for stopping by on my blog:) Really like your content X

5. Freya Farrington
    January 12, 2017 / 10:41 AM

I’m guilty of saying, I’ll start tomorrow instead of just embracing life, diet, work goals today! Small changes and small steps create an overall happier me all the while accepting it’s ok to have a piece of cake! haha I’m with you on that!

6. Annemarie LeBlanc
    January 12, 2017 / 5:28 AM

I’m with you. I don’t make resolutions. I make goals. Short term, achievable goals. That way, I feel more confident and accomplished. Just be happy and stay happy. That is enough for me to live a long, fulfilled life.

7. January 12, 2017 / 4:50 AM

I’m with you…no resolutions here either…just reflections, commitment to be the best me I can, and a few key goals. 🙂

8. January 12, 2017 / 3:51 AM

What an absolutely beautiful outlook on resolutions! You’re right .. it’s so easy to make a list of all the things you’d like to do .. and then it becomes stressful to check them off every day. Thank-you so much for your post

9. January 11, 2017 / 11:37 PM

You go girl. Yes you are right, resolution would not change anything. It is your action that does. Thanks for the inspiration.

10. January 11, 2017 / 11:19 PM

This is a great post! I also did not make any new year resolutions for 2017. I never keep them longer than a month anyways lol.

11. January 11, 2017 / 10:15 PM

Amen to that, putting less pressure on yourself is what inevitably allows you to be more successful at achieving your dreams!