Trending now | Ruffles and Bell Sleeves

It`s nothing new that our current society forces us to buy new items continuously. The fashion industry takes a side in this matter. We see brand-new clothes in the show-window display, different garments and modern trends. Sometimes I think mannequins are secretly whispering to us: Your clothes are not good enough!  At least I have to find something to take the blame for when I am spending too much time and money in retail shops. For this spring/summer season, the ruffles and bell sleeves are trending.   What do we know about the ruffle history?
When you say ruffles, you imagine the loose material. But we can’t talk about ruffles without mentioning the ruffs know as ” the wheels around the neck”. The wide pleated collar was popular with the mobility across the Europe.

The first ruffs appeared in Spain, but it spread quickly to England, France, Italy. Their purpose was to hold the head in a lordly pose. Later on, the ruffle becomes a separate piece of clothing. Engageantes are the perfect example. In the 18th century, the sleeve of women`s dresses ended by the elbow. Underneath the sleeves, women would wear the engageantes or the false sleeves – ruffled white sleeves.

How to wear the fashionable trend?
The tops, blouses, skirts, dresses with ruffle insertions are fun and easy to style. A skirt with ruffles provides the freedom of movement. Believe me when I say you will just want to spin round and shake your ruffles. I paired my white ruffled blouse with a green sport pleated skirt (thrift via charity shop of course) but there so many ways I can wear it: with blue jeans, midi or bodycon skirts, short pants and even on top of a dress. When styling a ruffled blouse or a bell sleeve item, keep in mind they are the central pieces and you don`t want to exaggerate with too many details.

Do ruffles and bell sleeves worth the hype?
If we mention practicality versus fashion, they fail. Try not to stick your sleeve on your plate while you are eating is a hard and fun task, believe me. If you want to invest on a  ruffle or bell sleeve, choose a  3/4 sleeve type, not a full one. I do believe the ruffle trend would be in many seasons.

Location: Cascais, Lisbon | Wearing:

Wearing

Shein Blouse –  similar here | Thrift tennis skirt | Asos Over-the-knee boots – here | Fiorelli Backpack

What are your thoughts regarding the current trend? stylish happy

1. September 18, 2017 / 1:59 PM

Loving this outfit love, especially those gorgeous ruffeled sleeves.

2. September 18, 2017 / 3:55 AM

You rock this very well, and the pictures are just stunning. Honestly. my girlfriend would absolutely adore this trend, so I’ll happily pass this along to her! Thanks for putting this together!

3. September 17, 2017 / 10:15 AM

I do love this outfit, and do love ruffles, I was looking at a top the other day similar to yours but practicality took over and I decided against it x

4. September 16, 2017 / 6:19 PM

you look amazing! I really love this trend! it’s absolutely nice, and I’m glad it’s back 🙂

5. September 15, 2017 / 7:56 PM

You look amazing. But I imagine that you would look amazing in absolutely anything with your beautiful eyes and smile. As for the ruffles, I think they look good but the bell sleeves I am not sure why they are coming back. My daughter doesn’t really like them and I can see why.

6. September 15, 2017 / 7:03 PM

I love this trend I have to say. All my childhood clothes is with ruffles, probably that is why I love it.

7. September 15, 2017 / 7:00 AM

Wow, it’s a beautiful outfit, the flares of this skirt makes it look more beautiful. The red lipstick worn by you, made you look like a princess.

8. September 14, 2017 / 11:36 PM

Your outfit is adorable! Love the necklace, especially! I am so excited for the ruffles, because I like the romantic boho vibe they give off!

9. September 14, 2017 / 9:21 PM

I absolutely love this look!

I’ve tried on so many outfits like it but I just don’t have the figure to pull it off.

You look incredible though!

10. September 14, 2017 / 8:53 AM

I would love to wear ruffles and bell sleeves top but I am sure it will be a task to eat food 😉
    I really loved your styling…gorgeous look!

11. September 14, 2017 / 8:51 AM

Loved ruffles and bell sleeves because it looks so feminine and delicate too. This is nice evening dress. With deep green knee skirt, it looks so well. Stunning outfit.

12. September 14, 2017 / 7:26 AM

You look stunning! I couldnt wear that and look that great! But if I would ever where anything with ruffs I would probably be dancing flamenco or something!😁

13. September 14, 2017 / 1:47 AM

Oh yes, ruffles and bell sleeves drive me crazy. I have been looking for one to perfectly suit me, but didn’t got one still. Your top looks awesome

14. April 16, 2017 / 12:01 PM

Personally I would love it if people still wore ruffs but it is great how it evolved into a separate piece of clothing. This is a rather gorgeous outfit x