What do I honestly think about the autumn/winter 2017 trends

Fashion designers never cease to amaze us with their astonishing collections. They (re)create stories using materials, different textures, patterns and colours.  Nobody denies how much hard work, creativity and analyse is involved in conceiving catwalk masterpieces. What I don`t understand is this constant need of following the trends.   Before rushing to buy something trendy ask yourself Is this going to match my personal style? Keep on reading to find out what are the new trends for autumn/ winter 2017. Then make a (smart) decision regarding what trends you want to adopt.

RED COLOUR

AUTUMN / WINTER 2017 PREFALL TRENDS RED COLOUR All red trend is taking the fashion world by storm. It`s not a surprise as red is the hue that screams attention and it`s the first colour the eye sees. However, I can`t imagine anyone going to the office head to toe wearing red and recreating a Givenchy catwalk look. In real life, if you want to adopt this trend, owning a pair of red shoes and rocking red nails ± lips will be the best option. Additionally, you can opt for red accessories: a bag, belt or earrings. Worried red colour doesn`t suit you? Make sure you choose a cool or warm red according to your skin undertone.

PLAIDS, PLAIDS, PLAIDS

The word plaid is derivated from the Gaelic word Plaide meaning blanket. Scottish people used to wear the belted plaid or the great kilt to protect their bodies from cold winters. Plaids are most of the time confused with tartan but what really differentiates them is the repeating pattern. On tartan, the pattern of the vertical stripes matches the pattern of the horizontal stripe; on plaids, the recurrent design stops.  To me, plaids have a perfect autumnal vibe. The plaid autumn/winter designs presented on the catwalk are easy to wear in real life.

A FEATHER TOUCH

Feathers AUTUMN/ WINTER 2017 PRE FALL CATWALKS TRENDS

Dreamy, beautiful and untouchable? Yes !! Machine-washable? No ! With sadness,  I have to admit I will say  PASS to this autumn/winter trend. The designs look great on catwalks but this is something I wouldn`t wear. For those of you who want to adopt the trend but you worry about using ostrich feather, choose synthetic feathers instead

RETURN OF THE BELT

BELTS - WHAT DO I HONESTLY THINK ABOUT AUTUMN/ WINTER TRENDS 2017

My favourite autumn/winter trend 2017 is the belt. I was collecting belts since I was in high school. So many people believe the return of the waist creates a controversy. The perfect body is the skinny one with a well-marked waist. Well, it`s not; people need to remember beauty doesn’t have a specific size. To me playing with big, small or Obi Japanese belts and not wearing them to hold my pants allows me to be creative and dress accordingly to my style.

METALLIC VIBES

METALLICS BELTS AUTUMN/ WINTER 2017 PRE FALL CATWALKS TRENDS

Incorporating metallic pieces into your daily outfits without looking like a disco ball doesn`t seem an easy job. Just ignore this trend and quit the battle. 9 pm? Dazzle and iridescence? Yes, please! For the night time though, the trend is perfect. Add a golden touch by wearing a metallic dress/ skirt.

THE 70`S ARE CALLING

BACK IN TIME JOURNEY AUTUMN WINTER 2017 PREFALL CATWALKS TRENDSBACK IN TIME JOURNEY AUTUMN WINTER 2017 PREFALL CATWALKS TRENDS

Is it just me or the designers forget how many of us are keen on wearing retro or vintage pieces? I am aware that the clothes they presented on the catwalks have a futuristic approach mixing 70s elements with modern designs but the final result doesn’t please the eye. I prefer clothes from past decades on their own. It is a good reminder though to wear our old clothes with pride.

What do you feel about the autumn/winter 2017 trends? Which one is your favourite?

Disclaimer: I don`t own the credits for any of the picture used to create collages. The source of the imageries is Pinterest.

1. Anne Dela Cruz
    September 8, 2017 / 3:01 AM

I really like those entire outfit. especially the feather touch, It’s so stunning and beautiful.

2. Ali Rost
    September 7, 2017 / 11:32 PM

My husband and I live in a college town and I’ve seen so many girls on campus wearing plaid for fall. Of course, they look beautiful. For me? I’m loving all of the looks above featuring red! While I might not be brave enough to wear them for my everyday, it’s my favorite color and they all look so chic! x

3. September 7, 2017 / 10:26 PM

It’s safe to say that no matter the trends we seen on the runway the key is to make it adaptable to our lifestyles. I love red, but don’t really see myself wearing a ton of from head to toe. A few accessories or a bright red lip is all me tho.

4. September 7, 2017 / 1:45 PM

Red is 100% my colour! I always love red to brighten up a dreary day. Iblve your comment about stopping to think if some new trend is actually your style before rushing off to buy it. I tend not to buy trends because they come and go quickly and can get expensive to keep up with, generally they aren’t my style either so I won’t feel comfortable wearing them.

5. Elena
    September 7, 2017 / 9:12 AM

I love love plaids. Maybe not this colorful but I am happy that this trend is almost never going out of style.

6. September 7, 2017 / 8:18 AM

Not all of us are fashionistas, but any fashion conscious person knows that outfits speak louder than attitude. These Fall collections promise big things for many fashionistas’ wardrobes.

7. September 6, 2017 / 2:12 PM

I very rarely follow runway trends, I’m more into comfort and personal style. But, I like runway style to catch on trends and colors, I’m glad that red is back; it’s one of my favorite colors. I also like plaid; although, metallic and feather aren’t my cups of tea, yet.

8. Joanna
    September 6, 2017 / 10:12 AM

I do like the fact that red came back as a trendy color. I love red outfits because they are very bold. Not sure about the metallic colors though. They are not my thing.

9. September 6, 2017 / 3:48 AM

Nice 2017 Autumn collections with genuine reviews by you. I liked metallic and feather touch as they all look sleek, classy and modern.

10. September 5, 2017 / 10:49 PM

Fashion shows are always fun to watch. Though the outfits displayed do not really transfer fully into every day life, I love that they inspire outfits on the rack. I absolutely love that plaids and reds are in!

Alicia Trautwein | https://themomkind.com

11. September 5, 2017 / 10:11 PM

Oh I love the red! Red is my absolute favourite colour and I’m always glad when it comes back into season.

12. September 5, 2017 / 9:55 PM

I love the metallic trend but I also happen to love the red trend too. Especially the red dress with the slits on the bottom right it is absolutely amazing x

13. September 5, 2017 / 8:49 PM

I love fashion trend that comes in bold red. Red is the color of being fierce and fearless, that is why I love wearing red dresses most of the time.

14. September 5, 2017 / 7:35 PM

I think for the most part they are pretty good. I’m glad red is becoming trendy, I have a bunch of red clothes that I love

15. Joline
    September 5, 2017 / 7:30 PM

I can’t believe we’re talking about autumn/winter trends now. Where did the summer go?! I do love fall/winter fashion though. Very chic. Lovin’ the 70s retro look.

16. September 5, 2017 / 4:26 PM

Im really boring when it comes to keeping up with the latest trends. I think 70s-90s fashion is coming back massively including the jackets and the haircuts. history aways repeats itself

17. September 5, 2017 / 8:25 AM

feathers and belts and metallic colors??? I feel like being in 90s again! hahaha But I love plaids and the natural colors like brown and orange! the red dress in your post is gorgeus!

18. September 5, 2017 / 6:56 AM

Well written article! I totally agree with you on the feathers – would be very hard to wash and I dont like clothes with a lot of faff!

19. September 5, 2017 / 1:06 AM

Thanks for sharing these fashion trends..i especially love plaids and red color. Practically i also won’t wear red from head to toe, but do add some red to my outfit. And i love red jackets..