Let`s celebrate LOVE not Valentine`S Day

best gift ginger snap large midnight blue felt board

14th February. Hearts, roses, #giftsfrombae and marketing. In short, a celebration I am very keen on that I even honour it year after year. I also host a festive dinner, a Thanksgiving kind of day with traditional Romanian cabbage rolls.  You know you need to feed your soulmate to make it yours forever.  Leaving the bitter notes behind, I think you realised I am not here to ruin Valentine’s Day. Finally, people are not bothered when lingerie items show up in gift guides. But it’s ok, at least people are not exaggerating OMG, here is a red bra!

For me, Valentine`s Day is a commercial carnival.

A fake celebration. Today you have to prove your love. Just today, tomorrow you can take a break. It’s not okay to be alone, and you need a pair. And if you are in the couple, you cannot be inferior to another couple. You have to celebrate Valentine`s Day. This attitude usually comes from women. Men can`t bother. It is no longer about people but about gifts. I understand couples who missed other anniversaries and rely on this occasion. But at least they make the most of it.

Do you need gift ideas?

How about a portion of time? The most beautiful gift you can give your loved ones. Quality time, those genuine happy moments you forget to share on social media. You can not turn back your time. With an uninspired gift, it’s simple. You get your money back when you apply for a refund. If you think the time is not enough and you want something tangible, rely on surpassing experiences.

best gift ginger snap large midnight blue felt board

How to dress up other initiatives?

No matter how much I love Valentine’s Day outfits ideas, I prefer anything except pink and red.  Opt for some blue, yellow, green hues, anything after all. And if you still feel uninspired, choose unique ventures. Can you remember When was the last time you tried something new for the first time? A climbing session, Thai restaurant, cooking courses, dance session, a visit to distillery/wine cellar or travel vouchers. There are so many approaches as an alternative to Valentine’s Day.

best gift ginger snap large midnight blue felt board

Zara Blouse | River Island Jeans| Fossil Watch

Him – Burtons Shirt | Jeans New Look

* Board – GetGingersSnap ♥ – PR Sample

1. Blair villanueva
    February 19, 2018 / 12:53 AM

You two looks totally cute couple and how awesome yoir own ways to celebrate the Valentine’s day. I honestly didn’t pay much attention V-Day coz it is also the week before Lunar New Year which is a huge event here in my place.
    But my amore says, everyday is valentines day for us. I think he is right 🙂

2. February 17, 2018 / 12:22 AM

*hand clapping* I totally agree. I feel so many holidays have become so commercial that the essence and spirit of them are lost. They also make people feel so bad about themselves if they don’t look like the ads or promoted images they see. Valentine’s Day should really be an opportunity to show love and receive love from those around us. It doesn’t have to be a day, but since we have a special day, we really should take advantage of the potential beauty in it rather than focus on the fluff.

3. February 16, 2018 / 10:00 PM

I love this and totally agree. We don’t celebrate valentines, we celebrate the fact that we love each other every day of the year!

4. Eugenia
    February 16, 2018 / 6:39 PM

Agree, today Valentine’s Day became more commercialized, more awkward than romantic and it’s so awful. Love should be celebrated and practiced every day, not just on the 14th.

5. February 16, 2018 / 8:39 AM

I very much agree with you, I am all about celebrating love, be it for a partner child even friend. Love should not be all about just one day, but eternal love and everyday.

6. February 15, 2018 / 12:25 PM

I love this because it’s true. There are so many ways to celebrate this day and not give in to the commercialized fiasco that it has become. I think it’s more important to spend time with your loved ones.

7. Tahlia
    February 15, 2018 / 6:49 AM

You are so right! love should be celebrated everyday and not just one day of the year, and yes it does seem like it’s a money making day. Also- cute pictures!

8. February 15, 2018 / 2:53 AM

I agree, seriously why you need a special day to celebrate love? I almost like what you have going on here. I want this, what you have. And as a marketer, I know what are you trying to say, so I will pass. But in reality, even I believe everything is marketing carnival, what can I do? Duty calls.

9. February 15, 2018 / 12:43 AM

That’s how I feel about Vday now. Before when I was younger, it was cute. Now, my partner and I just celebrate each other every other day. We did absolutely nothing for Vday. Lol!

10. February 15, 2018 / 12:39 AM

I agree with you, while I did have some reds and pinks in my Valentines guide, I mostly had blues and other colours because to me it is like any other day. And you are right sometimes Valentines Day can create this notion of ‘fake love’ because everyone is trying to prove how in love they are with each other. It is really cringey but in the UK we have this reality star couple called Jess and Dom who A. are pretending to be in love with each other for the cash and the fame and B. got married today on Valentines Day half naked on TV. LOL.

11. February 14, 2018 / 9:52 PM

This is so perfect! My husband and I celebrate Valentine’s Day a little but focus more on our anniversary. One day of showing your love definitely doesn’t make up for ignoring each other the rest of the time.

12. February 14, 2018 / 7:16 PM

What a great post and I completely agree. Let’s celebrate love today, and every day. Love all your little signs too!

13. February 14, 2018 / 4:59 PM

I quite agree – its all a big fuss. I feel like its more important to do sweet and kind things on ‘normal’ days. Forced affection doesn’t feel real to me.

14. February 14, 2018 / 9:23 AM

I agree. There is a lot of commercialisation going on with Valentine’s Day as well as Mother’s Day, Christmas, Halloween and any other significant celebration.

15. Jessica T
    February 14, 2018 / 4:23 AM

I totally agree. My husband and I never celebrate Valentine’s Day because I hate how commercialized it’s become. It’s a money grabbing day and nothing more. I love home everyday and everyday is Valentine’s Day here

16. Cassie
    February 14, 2018 / 3:12 AM

THIS!!! love that you wrote about Valentine’s Day from a different perspective. Celebrating each other’s love everyday is very important. I love the idea of quality time being the gift. It truly is such a special gift. xx

17. Laurence
    February 14, 2018 / 2:55 AM

I’ve been thinking of gifts too for Valentines but you’re right my guy also told me, forget the gift and just spend time with each other. That would be the best gift for this Valentines day 🙂 But the letter boards are awesome too 🙂

18. February 13, 2018 / 2:59 PM

I agree, and I so like that – lets celebrate love rather than ‘valentines” – this may mean to everyone, not just for couples or inlove. We can share this (even daily, as possible) with people close and dear to us.